16 April 19
Eight shapers pay homage to Wayne Lynch through a fun yet spirited shaping competition at the Boardroom International Surfboard Show presented by US Blanks.
The shapers: Travis Reynolds, John Opitto, Jordan Brazie, Steve Brom, Ryan Burch, Dan Mann, Daniel Tomson, Shyama Buttonshaw
MAY 4 & 5 Del Mar Fairgrounds, California.
* Two shaping bays used
* Each shaper receives same amount of strict time in the shaping bay.
* Shapers bring in their own tools.
* A US Blank and template are provided.
* The boards to be replicated will be revealed on the day of the event.
* Each shaper will receive 5 minutes prior to their time to take measurements within the shaping bay.
* The board will then remain outside of the shaping bay.
* Shapers can step out and touch, fondle & look at the board at anytime. They may not re-measure it.
* Wayne Lynch judges the anonymous finished blanks.
* The winners check of $1K will be presented on Sunday at 3:30PM.
THE BOARDROOM TALKS presented by Chris Mauro / People Who Surf Podcast:
SATURDAY MAY 4
11:00AM Shaping the Industry: Filmmaker Dana Brown and industry pioneers Bing Copeland, Dick Metz, and Don Craig
12:00PM WSL’s Next Steps: New commissioners Pat O’Connell, Devon Howard and Josh Kerr, and WSL VP Communications Dave Prodan discuss the evolution of professional surfing
2:00PM A Chat with the Legend: Wayne Lynch sits down with some peers for an in-depth Q&A
3:00PM Going Bigger: Big Wave Charger JoJo Roper & associates break down the evolution of big-wave safety techniques and how they’re taking heavy water adventures to new heights.
SUNDAY MAY 5
11:00AM The Amazing Impact of the 100 WaveChallenge: Damian Hobgood, Duke Aipa and Joshua Paskowitz join Boys to Men Co-Founder Joe Sigurdson to talk about the social impact of this annual event, and how it’s improving the lives for hundreds of San Diego’s at-risk youth.
12:30PM The Surf Club Reborn: The gang behind the popular new The West Coast Boardriders Club series talks about the importance of regional pride, tighter surf communities, and the renewed energy being pumped into local surf clubs.
A full schedule of all shaping & glassing times plus other show events is available by clicking here.
DINNER AND A SURFBOARD* WITH WAYNE LYNCH
An exclusive VIP three-course dinner with Wayne Lynch including a shaped blank, live music, and a schwag bag. Friday May 3rd at Ranch45 in Del Mar. Only four of seven tickets remain. Click Here