31 May 21
As per the Festival news release: Introducing a new and exciting surfing event, the Womens Surf Festival celebrates women styling the waves in surfing, lifestyle and sustainability.
This festival includes a full programme that brings the wider surfing community under one umbrella for the first time, and features some of Australia's leading surfing women and specialists bought together to share, inspire, and entertain.
Confirmed names include Kirra Molnar (WSL longboard competitor), Rachel Tilly (WSL World Champion longboarder), Belen Fuller-Kimble (ex. professional longboarder and surf coach), Lauren Hill (ex. professional surfer, and author), Lucy Small (writer, professional surfer), Robyn Harvey (former QLD champion longboarder & Surfing Qld's first female president), Rebecca Olive (Australian Research Council Fellow & surfer), Fran Miller (renowned surf photographer), Sally Howe (surf coach), Chloe Donahue (surf fit trainer and surfer), Candice Land (surf physiologist), Jalaan Slabb (WSL surfer and local surfboard shaper), and Jodi Barsby (Australian longboard representative), Nancy Emerson, (former international surfing champion & surf coach).
They all share the same purpose: to live a clean, safe and eco-friendly lifestyle in and out of the surf.
Over the two days, girls and women of all ages and surfing abilities can choose to participate and engage in a range of events that inspire and interest them including:
- Surfing workshops and speaker series including surfing etiquette, performance, wellness, nutrition, and lifestyle;
- Surfing lessons covering ocean safety, confidence, technical moves, and getting competition ready;
- Beach yoga, beach clean-ups and dune planting;
- Surf wear, surfboards and lifestyle market place (local brands all with a sustainable focus).
Tickets are now available, with limited spaces at each event.
With the growing community of women surfers in the Gold Coast, and across Queensland and New South Wales, now is the time for a dedicated Womens Surf Festival that celebrates this amazing sport and lifestyle for women across the generations.
The Womens Surf Festival will take place on 10-11 July 2021 at Queen Elizabeth Park, Coolangatta, Gold Coast.
A few interesting facts:
* since 2010 there has been a 20% increase in female surfing participation across Australia.
* Interestingly, in the 50+ age group there was a 45% increase - proving there is no age limit to giving surfing a go.
* Women surf community groups are on the rise. For example, Surf Witches has close to 2000 members since starting up March 2019, where their mantra is "Never surf without friends again".
CONTACT: Selena Morgan, Festival Director - E: firstname.lastname@example.org