5 August 19
Held over two pristine sunny days with a southeast swell and set waves up to one and a half metres, some 100 competitors converged on Lennox Head Main Beach to longboard across seven age and both gender divisions. Good offshore winds for most of the morning really set the stage for some standout longboarding across the weekend.
Surfers travelled from east coast destinations Woolgoolga in NSW to the Gold Coast QLD. Standouts sessions included the Ladies Final which was closely contested with the win eventually going to local Lee Middleton.
Charlie O' Sullivan from Woolgoolga was a standout in both the Open 9ft & Over 40s, along with some showpiece noseriding from Bryce Watson from Palm Beach Gold Coast
Two longboards were given away to the competitors, with the Free Flight / Sideways being won by Denis Carberry of Burleigh, and the raffle board from Amos Shapes going o Carol Mison of Evans Head.
Thanks goes to all sponsors who supported the event, the two majors being Mobile Plumbing Lennox Head & Rip Curl Ballina
- REPORT: Wayne Booth, Club Secretary - Cheers In Surfing
Ladies, Sponsor: Inner Beauty Lennox Head.
1. Lee Middleton , (Lennox Head) 2. Wendy Stevenson, (Burleigh QLD) 3. Eleanor Robertson (Lennox Head) 4. Una Fahey (Lennox Head) 5. Jane Birch (Lennox Head) 6. Anna Mc Cabe (Lennox Head)
Old Mal / Loggers, Sponsors: Lennox Gelato & Coffee Co & Seven Mile Brewing Co.
1. Bryce Watson (Palm Beach QLD) 2. Peter Wickham (Burleigh QLD) 3. Matt Durkin (Lennox Head) 4. Wayne Offner (Cabarita)
Juniors, Sponsor: Lennox Head Surf.
1. Nathan Mc Kenzie (Lennox Head) 2. Angus Gover (Lennox Head) 3. Tasman Cahill (Lennox Head)
9ft Open, Sponsor: Lennox Hotel, Lennox Beach Resort.
1. Aaron Howe (Woolgoolga) 2. Charlie O'Sullivan (Woolgoolga) 3. Scott Channon (Lennox Head) 4. Bryce Watson (Palm Beach QLD)
Over 40s, Sponsor: Surf Eclipse Accessories.
1. Charlie O'Sullivan (Woolgoolga) 2. Brendan Cahill (Lennox Head) 3. Dave Sullivan (Lennox Head) 4. Micheal Crisp (Lennox Head)
Over 50s, Sponsor: Sideways Surf Outlets & Hueys Surf Wax
1. Scott Dorough (Cabarita) 2. Greg Gover (Lennox Head) 3. Wayne Offner (Cabarita) 4. Andrew Thomas (Lennox Head)
Over 60s, Sponsor: Moble Plumbing Lennox.
1. Mike Pimm (Cabarita) 2. Ken Bernard (Cabarita) 3. Gary Alford (Lennox Head) n bvcxz4. Peter Regan (Lennox Head)
Over 65s, Sponsor: Rip Curl Ballina.
1. Peter Hall (Byron Bay) 2. Denis Carberry (Burleigh) 3. Eric Walker (Ballina) 4. Ben Hutchings (Cabarita)
Mystery Final, Sponsor: Triple X Rash Shirts.
1. Bruce Wilson (Ballina) 2. Mick Gett (Cabarita) 3. Wayne Booth (Lennox Head) 4. Peta Crew (Lennox Head) 5. Terry Kay (Lennox Head)
Best Over 50s Ladies: Liz Petterson (Cabarita)
Noserider Award: Bryce Watson (Palm Beach QLD )