23 March 19
For its fifth year the Mullet Lords were greeted with sunny three-footers out front of the cliffs at Tamarama, “The Home of Foam”.
Competitors and beach go-ers soak up this annual event, heading down to push the message with Onewave of reducing stigma around mental illness and starting conversations, as well as the inception of the Beard Season skin cancer check tent. All in all getting 66 young Aussies checked for melanoma.
Once again, sliding about on the foamies, “the guys” was taken out by 3-time champ Perth Standlick closely followed by Joshua Ku, Pama Davies and Adam Semo, and in “the chicks” it was Kiah Carter, Marisa Howard and Holly Costello.
Mullet pro Tamarama 2019 presented by MF Softboards & Gage Roads Brewing Co. with massive thanks to the sponsors: Bondi Tony’s, Dragon, Shirts of Paradise, Doughboy, Surf Culture Bondi and FCS, and let’s not forget Dirty Kev for throwing one of the all time parties the eastern suburbs has seen, all djs participants and everyone that helped out .
And most of all Earl Weir, Perth Standlick and Joshua Ku for putting on another huge day.
WATCH THE VID HERE - Vid filmed and edited by Nick Melas
* This was the sixth annual Mullet Pro at Tamarama.
* February 2019 saw the fourth annual Victorian Mullet at 13th Beach.
* The first international Mullet will be held at Canggu Bali in June/July – stay tuned for dates.
* So far over 800 entrants, average 100 entrants per comp, over 2000 patrons combined.
* Raising money for ONEWAVE, an international mental health surfing community (founded in Bondi).